OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Contract Attorney – Direct report to Acting General Counsel.
· Advised operations staff on best practices in the areas of contracting, trademark usage, copyright protection, and general corporate governance matters.
· Reviewed, drafted, and negotiated agreements including: Corporate Sponsorship, Group Purchasing, IT Consulting, and Independent Contractor Agreements
· Managed Trademark portfolio of YMCA, protecting highly recognized brand identity and pursuing third parties who infringe the trademarks.
$17 billion member-owned hospital group purchasing organization.
Oak Brook, Illinois
Senior Counsel Direct report to Chief Legal Officer. Resident in business unit advising and counseling Divisional Vice Presidents and Senior Vice President.
· Negotiated group purchasing agreements with the medical device, pharmaceutical, and foodservice manufacturers for over $17 billion in purchases annually on behalf of the 1500 member hospitals/owners of Premier’s Group Purchasing Organization.
· Trained new attorney hired in Charlotte as the Premier headquarters consolidated. Transitioned legal function to Charlotte. Educated contracting staff on negotiation strategy and regulatory requirements.
· Exhibited solid knowledge of the regulatory environment, including the Group Purchasing Organization, Safe Harbor Provisions of the Medicare Anti-Kickback Regulations and Privacy Regulations related to HIPAA.
Senior Counsel – Negotiated U.S. and International transactions including leasing, venture leasing, non-recourse loans, consulting, licensing and business continuity services. Member of the management team that helped the company grow and meet earnings performance expectations. Member of the legal team that facilitated the growth of COMDISCO from $1.9 billion to $4 billion.
· Provided legal review of all advertising and website content. Advised client on Intellectual Property matters, including copyright and trademark.
· Assisted Venture Capital group on many highly successful investments. Worked on development and implementation of warrant program for second and third stage investments.